Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A New Year Begins...

The first two weeks of 2010 have definitely flown by! And I have a feeling that's how the entire year is going to be.

Aside from the fact that I had laryngitis, it started off super great. New Year's weekend, Brent and I saw Avatar. It's probably one of the best movies of all time. I'm really into graphics, so not only was it cool to see that, but the story was even better. We also went to Zoo Lights at the Memphis Zoo (the #1 ranked zoo in the country, for those of you who didn't know), where we were finally able to go through Teton Trek and see the beautiful wolves and grizzly bears. Awesome. We went to Restaurant Iris after that, which is one of my absolute favorite restaurants in the world. The next day, Brent's sister, Brittney, asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding! This will be the very first wedding that Brent and I are in together...besides our own, of course, and I can't wait!

The next few months are going to be filled with lots of traveling: work trips to New Orleans in February, Las Vegas in March, Boston in May... and fun trips to Orlando for the Disney Princess Half Marathon (maybe), New Orleans for our friends' wedding, Charleston for Brittney and Frank's wedding, and Chattanooga for Ben and Christina's wedding. Brent and I are hoping to take a trip to Italy this year for our third anniversary, so I'm praying everything works out for that. Speaking of work, I'm about to hire my first intern...yessssss! I'm super excited about the opportunity to train someone on all the fun things I do on a daily basis.

Did I mention that I ran 1,000 miles last year? Well, actually, I did 1,001! :) I can honestly say that's one of my favorite accomplishments. Sadly, I'm really having to take it easy this month, as I overdid it, and now I'm having lovely knee pains again. This, too, shall pass...at least that's what I'm telling myself. I'm very excited to get back into cross training, though, especially spin class and kickboxing. Tomorrow will be my first 4:45 am wake-up call for spin in a loooong time...we'll see how that goes.

In 2010, I'm looking forward to accomplishing a great deal at work, running at least two half marathons, going to see some super awesome movies that are coming out (especially on June 30!), traveling for both work and pleasure, and enjoying all the blessings in my life each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment