Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The craziness that has been the past month...or so

It's been well over a month since my last post. I'd like to say it's due to laziness, a lack of topics, or whatever, but honestly I just need about 50 bazillion more hours in the day.

First, I have to mention the hubby's and my AMAZING trip to Italia. Trip of a lifetime doesn't even begin to describe it! As mentioned in my couple of Italy posts, we were there for 12 days and made stops in Rome, Siena (our fave!), Florence, and Venice (my close-second fave). Being able to spend that time with B, seeing all the amazing sites we saw, and just experiencing all we did...it was truly life-changing. Timing is everything, and I'm so glad we were able to share it together. I have an entire journal of notes to post, but here are a few pics until then...

 With our tour guide, Paola, in Rome!

 Being silly :)

 Love this pic!

 Trevi Fountain

 Il Campo in Siena...our favorite spot!

Enjoying the scenery!

 Our FAVORITE day on the vineyard tour!

 On the Ponte Vecchio in Florence!

How beautiful is this view?! From atop the Pitti Palace

 Arriving in Venice!

 Chasing the pigeons in the Piazza San Marco!

 Rialto Bridge

 Just had to post...our view on the gondola ride

Ever since we got back, I've been working what seems like all day every day trying to keep my project load in a manageable place. I'm SO very thankful for my job and the fact that I love what I do. But as I'm sure one can imagine, when you're in front of a computer for close to 10 hours a day, the thought of going home and continuing to do so to work on your own blog isn't all that enticing. So there's my excuse for the lack of posts. On the bright side, I'm in the middle of hiring a new marketing assistant. Yay! The University of Memphis sure did produce some incredible candidates!

And then there's BBQ Fest. Normally I despise this event (crazy talk, I know), but I have to say this my favorite year ever! We made so many new friends, had a lot of laughs, let loose, and just had a good time...and I still made it to work every day. :) It may or may not have also helped to have a DD for most of the weekend (thank you, Marcie!!).

 My sweet, preggo friend Marcie and me on Friends & Family night

B and me

Keeping with the positivity, my running has improved tremendously...or so I thought. After taking off for about 10 days while in Italy, I came back ready to jump into training. Well, more so just getting back in shape from the past two weeks of absolutely gorging myself – and yes, it was TOTALLY worth it! Anyway, I placed first in my age group at Zoom Through the Zoo a little over a week ago (and third woman overall, whoop)! I felt great after the race and the next morning. And then it hit me. By the end of the day, my knee had swollen to the size of a grapefruit and I could hardly bend it. I finally went to my orthopedic doctor last week. Diagnosis: inflammation due to fluid build up. Treatment: anti-inflammatory meds and take it easy for the next three weeks, but low-impact exercise (bike, elliptical) is okay. Boo! But it could definitely be worse.



Speaking of running, today is National Running Day! I had an intense bike ride this morning, but did get in a quick gimp-jog in around the neighborhood. :)

Lots more going on...but that's all I’ve got to say for now. Happy Hump Day, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment