Sunday, December 26, 2010

Who's Divorced?!

We are so blessed...truly. Everyone in my immediate family lives here in Memphis, and no matter what, we all get together for every birthday, holiday, and family function. My parents got divorced when I was 13, a freshman in high school. Needless to say, it wasn't the easiest of times.

Around the middle of my freshman year of college, things started turning around. It was a VERY slow process, but eventually people were forgiven, debts were paid (financial and emotional), and about three years ago, we became the most functional divorced I've ever known.

My parents get along better now than they ever did, one of them pays for all of us when we get together for dinner, they still buy each other birthday and Christmas gifts, and most importantly, they let all four of us (my two sisters, sweet baby Bailey, and myself) know that we are the most important part of their lives. They have always done whatever they've had to in order to make us feel loved, protected, and provided for.

Not to mention earlier this month, my parents woke up at the crack of dawn and made the frightful trek downtown (I say that for those of you who've tried to drive anywhere in Downtown Memphis on St. Jude Marathon day) TOGETHER to cheer me on during the St. Jude Half Marathon. It was a total surprise to me, and a memory I will cherish forever. Thank you for that!!

I must say, I have the most AMAZING parents in the world. Divorced or not, I wouldn't change a thing about my family. I love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment