Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011 New Year's Resolutions

I'd like to say I never make New Year's resolutions, because (1) I don't believe in making resolutions just because it's a new year, (2) I want it to be a lifestyle change, or (3) you're just setting yourself up for failure (as my husband would say). But that's totally not me.

I make resolutions each and every year. And though I don't always make it a point to keep them, I still think it's a fun tradition. So here goes...

2011 New Year's Resolutions


Professional:
  • Finish a project completely before moving on to the next one. I have a bad habit of spreading myself too thin and not doing important projects to the best of my potential...because I start too quickly on the next "to do."
  • Complete a 30-day blog challenge. I've done a better job updating our company blog as of late, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be in terms of posts. My plan is to do this the entire month of February...or maybe Feb 15-March 15. We'll see...
  • Take away at least two innovative (and new) strategies or tactics at each marketing conference I attend this year, and begin implementing them in my own marketing plan.
Personal:
  • Run a marathon
  • Complete a 30-day blog challenge for myself as well. This will be tough. Doing something in your spare time that you do for work often takes the fun out of things. But hopefully that won't be the case here...and hopefully I'll have topics of interest to write about. :)
  • Get pregnant...or not (this is out of my control, obviously)
  • Be happy with the life I've been given. I have no control over others or other situations, but I do have control over myself.

Happy New Year, friends!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment