Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Date is Set!

As 2011 gets underway, I'm proud to announce I have officially set a date to complete my first resolution...running a marathon!

Autumn and I will be running the Country Music Marathon on April 30, 2011. While this doesn't give me as much time as I'd hoped to train (mentally), it actually works out even better. We'll be training in the most perfect time of year before it gets too hot, we're already at half marathon distance, so it's not like we're starting from scratch, it's only a three-hour drive to get to our race locale, and we have friends to stay with while we're there!

While all my races up until now have been for time and to get a new PR, this marathon (most likely my one and only marathon) will not be run as such. I will be running solely to cross the finish line, paying no mind to time or pace. Well...maybe pace a little. :) Our plan as of now is to run a mile, walk a minute, run a mile, walk a minute, etc. My goal is to finish and remain injury-free during training. I'm so excited!!

I'll be sure to log all my training runs here and of course on my MapMyRun.com profile. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I have run 5 marathons, my sweet neice...my favorite was san diego rock and roll. It is always the first weekend in June. I'm afraid that due to my health condition I have had to cut my marathons in half. Good luck to you...you will do great. Let me know if you need any training ideas! Love you and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete