Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers and Mondays

I seriously dislike the expression "got a case of the Mondays," but today, there's just no other way to put it. I'm coming down with an awful cold, and I NEVER get sick. I'm also starting to feel a little swamped at work, but hoping I start to get a sense of control again soon. That said, it's absolutely glorious outside, and I'm determined to focus on the positives. :)

First, I want to send a shout out to all the fabulous moms in my life! First, to my amazing momma, Sue. She is one of the strongest, most caring women I know. She would give the shirt off her back to help someone in need, and she has done anything and everything for my sisters and I. She puts family and her wonderful group of girlfriends above everything else, and we are all better people because she is in our lives. Thank you, Momma, for just being you! And to my sister Ashley, the mother of our sweet niece Bailey, my best friend Erika, the mother of my two Godchildren Chandler and Payton, my Godmother Liz, and so many friends and family members who are so blessed with children (human or of the furry nature)...I love you all!

Love you, Mom!

Next, I want to send another quick note to my dad. Yesterday was his 60th birthday! For those of you who don't know my dad, he's pretty amazing. He is the most caring, supportive, loving father anyone could ask for. He would do anything for his family and friends, and has on many occasions. He makes it known how proud he is of all of us girls, and makes us feel like we are the most important people in the world. Love you, "Papa!" Laura, Ashley, and I are taking him to dinner to celebrate tomorrow night. :)

Finally, I hired an intern today, woop!! Very much looking forward to training her and getting some much needed "to dos" done at work.

Starting back my running regimen this week...here's hoping that knotted or pulled muscle has worked itself out! Hope you all have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. Good post! Glad you're staying positive! I think it was the air today, to be honest! The pollen/allergies took over, but tomorrow's a new day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post. :) Hope you feel better soon. I was sick all last week and it wasn't any fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my daughter! Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete