Thursday, September 1, 2011

In Transition...

It's been an INSANE few weeks to say the least, but I finally feel like things are starting to get back to normal. Hopefully I can get back on track with my posts...at least I'm going to try to get better at it...

Transition. Transforming. These are two words I've been using a lot over the past few weeks. Whether at work or in my personal life, transition can be a great thing. And so can transforming your attitude to see it that way. :)

Transition at work
I'm so excited to announce that I have hired a new member to my marketing team. I absolutely loved working with my previous intern; however, with her crazy busy schedule, there wasn't really much time for her to be physically in the office, so it didn't work out. On the up side, I have transitioned this intern position into more of a part-/full-time marketing coordinator, and I couldn't be more thrilled about having more help! We've also been talking a lot about transition with the types of projects I'm getting more involved with. It's all very exciting!

Transition in my running/exercise routine
For so long I've been holding back with my running routine and cross training, because I kept thinking and wondering if I was pregnant, when I would be getting another kidney stone (recent episode was just over a month ago), and just stressed about EVERYTHING. I've finally started letting it go, and I couldn't be happier about the progress. I'm cross training more, increasing my mileage, and I have so many upcoming races to look forward to!

Transition between seasons
Fall is my FAVORITE time of year (the month of September in particular...my birthday, our anniversary, football, trips), and I couldn't be more excited that it's finally here! I just got back from my best friend Kelly's bachelorette party in Vegas (one of my top 10 trips for sure!), and that kicked off our crazy month of travel. We're doing quite a bit of traveling for friends' weddings this month, on top of my business trip to Las Vegas (which we're also using as an excuse to celebrate our four-year anniversary there). I can't wait!! Not to mention the anticipation of cooler temps for running, decorating for Halloween, the holiday season...bring it on!

Anyone else feel like they're in a transition period? Hopefully it's a good one for you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment