Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Random Wednesday

Whew! It's been quite a hectic few weeks. With work projects up to my eyeballs, races, family stuff, my birthday, and projects at home, I've never felt so busy. Here's a recap of what's been going on.

September 1 was the first University of Memphis football game of the season. As usual, the tailgating was fun...the game, let's just say it's a good thing we've got Memphis Tiger Basketball to look forward to!

Fun times after the game (or whatever you want to call it)

That Friday was Zoo Brew at the Memphis Zoo. My company, Mahaffey Tent and Party Rentals, sponsors this event, and it's always a super fun time. 100s of beers to sample from all over the world (not to mention seeing your co-workers in rare form)...yes, please!

Mahaffey's tent at Zoo Brew

The weekend that followed was quite the debacle. From running into old friends at our favorite East Memphis restaurant, Pacific Rim, on Friday to bar-hopping one too many places downtown on Saturday, it made for a long few days.

Brent and me at Pacific Rim

Silly times at Silky's

Silly boys

We had my friend Kelly and her fiance over for dinner Sunday night. I was so glad Brent and Will finally had a chance to hang out. Monday morning was the annual Chick-fil-a 5K. Such a fun race in Downtown Memphis! Running it with two great friends made it even better.

My birthday was September 8. My family got together the Tuesday before to celebrate. No matter what's going on or where any of us are at, we always get together and have a great time celebrating birthdays and holidays. Being in a divorced family, this is a rare thing. We're very lucky! Got a bunch of gift cards, a poster with my first marathon pics and finish time (THANKS, MOM!!), a beautiful bouquet of lilies and roses sent to work and a day at the spa from my hubby. It was an amazing day!

After Bailey telling me "happy birthday cake!" :)

My fabulous assistant decorated my cube at work!!

The hubby surprised me with beautiful flowers at work
(P.S. Took this pic using Lightbox for Android...download it if you haven't already)


This past weekend was the Road Race Series 10K #1 at Shelby Farms Park. I ran it with Autumn, Erin, and Meredith. We got rained on while walking to the start line, but it stopped after just a couple minutes. The rain was welcomed, as it cooled off for our 6.2 miles. I'm going to miss the second 10K, as I'll be out of town, then we have two 10-milers, two half marathons, and then the St. Jude Half Marathon. It's a good thing I enjoy running. :)

Speaking of running, Autumn and I have started a once-weekly run at 4:15am. I know...we're crazy. But she's a teacher, and like me, she enjoys getting her workouts done in the morning. Since I don't have to be at work until 8, I get another hour or so of sleep after my run. It's actually not so bad...except for the fact that I have become a coffee drinker after 29 years of never needing it. Great.

Tomorrow starts our insane three weeks of travel...Seaside, FL for Brent's friend's wedding, New Orleans for Kelly's wedding, and then Vegas for a conference and our four-year anniversary. Looking forward to it all!!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment