Monday, April 2, 2012

I'm an auntie again!!

Baby Ava has arrived!! She graced us with her presence, after almost 24 hours of labor (stubborn just like her Momma ;), at 9:45 pm on Wednesday, March 28, weighing 7 lbs, 2 oz. Just perfect!

If you read my last post, you know I was likely to miss her birth due to being in Chicago on business. I was absolutely devastated knowing I was going to miss it, but I knew everyone understood. Had it been just a marketing conference, I would have canceled. But since it was a business development trip for a new market we're exploring, I couldn't skip out. Not that it was a bad trip at all (amazing meetings, potential new business, and two SPECTACULAR runs along Lake Michigan and the Navy Pier!); just bad timing.

Thankfully, we're surrounded by the beauty that is technology, and I was able to Skype my sweet Sis and family before Ava arrived! So grateful for those precious few minutes. While we couldn't get it to work right after she was born, at least I got to see pics and talk to everyone. The next day, we got to Skype again, and I finally got to see and talk to that darling baby.

Friday finally arrived, and I headed home. As soon as we landed, I dropped my stuff at home and headed to the hospital. SO thankful to have made it there before they were discharged! What a special moment to be there by myself for a few hours, let my niece meet her favorite auntie get to know my niece, spend time with my Sis and BIL, and help them get settled at home. Cary's sweet sister Jennifer, her son Tyler, and his Mom all met us there, as did my Mom a little while later.

Brent and I went back over on Sunday to spend time with everyone, and we even got to take part in Ava's first photo session (you rock, Jennifer)!

Words cannot express just how much I cherish the time spent with my growing family this weekend. Watching Cary sing to his beautiful daughter or the look of pure adoration in my sister's eyes...incredible. We are truly blessed!

Mom, dad, and precious baby girl are all doing well, albeit lacking a little sleep...but what a GORGEOUS little family they have created!

Welcome to the world, sweet baby girl!

And baby makes 3! This pic is priceless.

My 3-year-old niece, Bailey, holding her baby cousin.
Melts.my.heart.
Made it to the hospital!!
 Love that face!!
 Uncle Brent loving on his niece!
 Love her so much already!
They don't make 'em any cuter than this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment