Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th!! Weekend Wrap-up

Happy Birthday, America! I hope you all had as wonderful of a weekend as we did. The first day back from a few days off (and lots of alcohol) is always rough, but I'm pumped for the short week ahead.

Around 4 pm Friday afternoon, we left for one of my top-five favorite cities: Chattanooga! Brent's brother, Ben, and his wife Christina invited us to join them at their friends' (they've become our good friends as well after all these years) beautiful home on a lake that connects to the Tennessee River for the weekend. We stay with them just about every time we're in Chattanooga, and they are the most WONDERFUL hosts in the world. The drive was long, but definitely worth it. We got there around 10 pm, after just missing the most beautiful sunset over the water (thanks for sending, Christina!). The girls were already making fabulous dips for the weekend when we arrived, so I helped with that and then we started drinking (or maybe the drinking came first, I can't quite be sure). After a few more couples arriving, a few games of corn hole, and telling stories while listening to Britney on Pandora, we called it a night so we'd be ready for a long two days on the lake.

I LOVE this place!

Saturday, a few of us woke up around 8:30 and went for a run. Where JJ and Amanda live is a gorgeous lakefront property that's still being developed, so it was a treat getting to run by and daydream about owning one of these magnificent homes. One day... :) Plus, I just love running in a new place. It's so refreshing. After that, the girls all pitched in to make breakfast, then we headed out on the lake. It took everyone about two hours to get moving in the right direction, but once we did, it was nonstop fun. Margaritas, all-day "beer thirty," Doritos, hanging out with some of the most wonderful, fun people, and doing back flips off the boat...it doesn't get much better than that. Add a hearty dinner, more beer and fruity drinks, and a few hardcore games of flip cup, and it just got better. Such a fun day!!

Christina and me goofing off on the golf cart

The boys being silly with the awesomely-oversized float!

Good times!

The grill master

Sunday was pretty much the same. A quick run, breakfast, waiting for the boys to get themselves together, boat time, and float time. Oh yeah...I was the only one who got up on the armless float the first time (twice). Ben so owes me $200. :) Dinner was once again scrumptious, and our hosts made us feel like we were at home. Another amazing day!

Some of the ladies

Yep...

Christina and me

Being patriotic! :)

Several people dropped in and out over the weekend, and I just have to say how cool it is to be able to hang out and be around that many people who are so genuine and just want to have a good time. No drama, just good friends, good food, good drinks, and good times. And we met some new Memphis friends!! I loved every minute of it, and was sad to see it end.

Well, Brent did lose his car key Saturday morning, so that proved to be slightly dramatic. Thankfully one of the guys found it (right before the locksmith pulled up, I might add), which saved us over $200. This has become somewhat of a travel tradition with the hubs - be it keys, money, you name it. So next time we go anywhere, I'm confiscating all important items and hiding them until it's time to leave.

We got home in record time (obviously because I was driving), and then I went to the grocery store, did three loads of laundry, and gave Buster a bath. Brent rewarded me for being so productive by cooking an amazing (and my favorite) dinner on the grill: lemon pepper salmon, asparagus, shrimp, and cajun-seasoned bread. And then we caught up on True Blood of course...it's totally following the book and I am SO pumped for this Sunday's episode!!

Tonight, Brent's making his incredibly tasty homemade pizza. Yum! I'm so spoiled.

Have a fabulous week!

1 comment:

  1. Hey pretty lady! Saw a comment you left on Caroline's blog so I had to come check your's out. Looks like you & the hubby had a wonderful 4th of July. We all need to get together one day. I'd love to see you guys. Come check out my blog if you're ever bored. You now have me as a blog follower. Look forward to keeping up with it. =) Oh, my blog address is: http://beautyandthedisability.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete