Thursday, July 7, 2011

Why are short weeks so long?

I have two schools of thought on this.

First, there are those "short" weeks that tend to drag on forever. I wonder why that is? Maybe the weekend was so wonderful that we're so eagerly anticipating the next one? This definitely hasn't been the case for me this week.

Second, when we're lucky enough to have a three-day weekend, we are blessed with a four-day week. Super! However, these are always the weeks when your boss decides to throw a few hundred projects your way (including one at 5:30 pm...that he needs done that day), and you end up working 12-hour days. So much for a short week! Not complaining at all Sorry for whining, because I love what I do and I'm so thankful to be where I am. But you know how it is...

One of my favorite quotes:

That settles it...attitude changed! :)

As a side note (and putting my changed attitude on hold for a sec), I just have to rant a bit. Not something I normally do, but it gets a little ridiculous sometimes. For the love of Pete, if you're incompetent in something (like IT for example), PLEASE do not pretend like you know what you're doing. You sitting at my desk looking up how to do or fix things on Google for 45 minutes, while I'm stuck trying to work on my smartphone (as feasible as that can be at times), is a complete waste of my time. Oh yeah, and if you're not willing to do the work you were hired to do, then what are you doing here? Not sure how you're getting paid for the work you do (or lack thereof), but more power to you, I guess. One of my favorite movie quotes (which I will have to do a post on soon) is from The Lion King; not that I really think this, as Scar would say, "I'm surrounded by idiots."

Okay, positive attitude is here to stay. :)

Happy Friday eve!! Can't wait to take Buster on a run in this amazing weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment