Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

What a perfect weekend it was! Gotta love Halloween weekend. We love any excuse to dress up like idiots...or act like one in Brent's case. ;)

Friday was pretty low-key. We went to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant, then called it an early night. Brent outdid himself on the pumpkin carving!


Saturday was the annual Memphis-Mid-South Race for the Cure, which I got to run with my Dad! This race holds a special place in my heart, as I run it in memory of Aunt Michele. I placed fourth in my age group, which I'm pretty proud of seeing as how it took almost 5 minutes to get through all the walkers...


That afternoon, I went with my sister Laura to Merry Marketplace. It was my first time going, so I was super excited. They had baby and holiday stuff galore...Laura and I were in heaven! Sadly they didn't have the right size holiday-themed clothes for baby girl C, so that was a bummer. But we did rack up on some ornaments, of course!

That night, Brent and I went to a Halloween party at one of our friend's house. We didn't want to spend money on costumes this year, so Brent went as Mr. Clean and I recycled an old Oreo costume. He was sad we didn't match, so I just told him he could follow me around pretending to clean up the Oreo crumbs. :) But back to the party - the decor, the people, the food, the cocktails...everything was awesome! Thanks again to Brian and Alicia for hosting!

1/2 Oreo, 1/2 witch :)

Our friends Brian & Rebecca as Juno & Paulie Bleecker (best costume of the night!)

Sunday was just as fun. The day started with a wonderful message at church and watching my Sis and her hubby become members. After that, it was the usual trip to the grocery store followed by a quick house cleaning. And then we headed over to our annual neighborhood potluck. My Mom came by and brought sweet Bailey, and even Brent's brother came over for a bit. I just love our cozy little area in East Memphis!

Buster dressed up as Captain Jack Sparrow!

I'm slightly obsessed with scary movies, and luckily I had AMC's FearFest and Halloween movie marathon to keep me occupied in what little down time I had this weekend. This week is shaping up to be pretty insane with another trip to the urologist for a CT scan today, a possible second trip there on Wednesday (depending on what what we find out from the scans), eye doctor on Thursday, and OB-GYN on Friday. Oh yeah, I've got to fit in work sometime this week, too. And then I head to Nashville for the CMAs...whoop! :)

Happy Halloween!!

1 comment: