Friday, December 30, 2011

Another new PR!

I keep hearing "it’s not about the destination...it's about the journey." Though it's quite the cliché, I couldn't agree more, especially when talking about running.

Although I trained for my first full marathon, I really didn't think I would break 1,000 miles for the year. As soon as the marathon was over, I wouldn't say I totally slacked off, but I definitely took a break from distance running.

Thankfully the Memphis Runners Track Club Road Race Series started up in the summer, so I got back on a regular training schedule. My shorter-race times were nothing to be proud of, but my competitive switch must have turned back on, because even my training runs were steadily getting better. Now that could be from the amped up training, or it could've been the fact that I'm ALWAYS running late so I had to pick up the pace...who knows (or more appropriately, who cares).

Regardless, thanks to MapMyRun (and the iMapMyRun app), I've been able to log every single run for the year. And a HUGE thanks to Fleet Feet Sports for putting me in the BEST shoes, to Gu Energy Gels for keeping me alive during those 20+ mile training runs, and to my physical therapist, my friend Autumn, Brent, my parents, and so many friends and family for your support and inspiration. The total for 2011?

1,170 miles!!!!

Did you know that's the distance from Memphis to Cheyenne, Wyoming? You didn't? Me either...I googled it. :)

Cheers to a great year of running!

2011 NYC Half (which I just found out I got into again for 2012!!!)

2011 Country Music Marathon!

Half marathon PR!

I'm famous!

Buster and me heading out for a night run!

Can't wait to see what 2012 has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment