Monday, April 25, 2011

It's Marathon Week!

I promise to cool it on the running talk after this week...until then, I apologize for the daily pre-marathon posts. :) Though this post is more about my awesome weekend.

First of all, I hope everyone had as wonderful a weekend as I did! There's nothing better than spending time with family and friends - the people you love most - especially on the holiest of weekends.

Good Friday was spent mostly at work, though I can't complain too much, as I got so much done and it was a super positive day. That night, I went out with my BEST friend in the world, Erika. It was such a fun, low-key night...very much needed for both of us. We saw Water for Elephants, which I just finished reading (a must-read for those who like the fantasy genre). I'm quite enamored with Robert Pattinson, I love Reese Witherspoon, and I thoroughly enjoyed the book, so needless to say, I really enjoyed the movie. After that, we went to Fox & Hound for dinner, a couple drinks, and some great conversation. Love you, Erika!!

Fun pic from Erika's bday last month!

Saturday, I did an easy 8.5 miles with Autumn. It was bittersweet when we parted ways at our "corner," as it's been a fun (and not-so-fun at times) few months getting to train with her. I know she's still upset not being able to run this one just for fun. But her foot is healing, and that's the most important thing. I made it through those long runs because of her training regimen and encouragement, and I am so thankful for her!

That afternoon, I ran a few errands and picked out my fabulous outfit for the marathon (pics to come this week). Then Brent and I headed to my favorite Downtown Memphis spot Local Gastropub to grab a few drinks and some great food before the AWESOME Grizzlies playoff game. We had such a blast...THANKS AGAIN to George for the sweet tickets! We had a blast!! After the game, we made our way to Silly Goose...and got pretty silly.

Andrea and me at Local!

Good times!

Go Grizz!!

Kellie and me at Silly Goose!

Easter Sunday was spent with my hubby and amazing family. What a beautiful day it was to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior. And what better way to do it than with those you love. :)

Happy Easter!!

Here's to a great week and just a few more days of running before 26.2!!

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Love your pics! Can't wait hear about how you kicked but in the marathon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little munchkin is adorable! Looks like you had a great weekend, and I'm beyond excited for your marathon! I had a great training run last night, so I hope you keep blogging about running even post-marathon :)

    ReplyDelete