Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday: I'm thankful for...so many blessings!

I've been slacking on my "Thankful Thursday" posts lately. Sorry about that! So much to be thankful for this week.

For one, I'm thankful to be blessed with a home...and one that is still standing after this Monday's insane storms! We had some damage: a large branch went through our fence and kitchen window, a portion of our front gutter needs to be replaced, and a couple roof shingles are popped up. But after surveying the damage of all the surrounding neighborhoods, Brent and I realized how incredibly blessed we were with our minimal repairs.

Second, I am SO thankful to be blessed with a job...a job that I love doing, and one that provides me with such incredible opportunities. Not only do I get to express myself creatively at work - be it with website design and coding, PR, and graphic design - I also get to attend awesome educational conferences in some of my favorite cities (New York, Boston, Las Vegas), and I just adore my co-workers (Victoria and Angela, y'all have been my ROCK this week...LOVE you both!). Those opportunities have led to both personal and professional growth, most recently with a social media podcast and super fun speaking engagement, courtesy of the Social Expedition! I'm able to promote Mahaffey and myself...good stuff!

Finally, I'm thankful to have such amazing family and friends. I am so blessed to have two wonderful parents, two sisters whom I love very much (and one getting married in about two months!), a great group of friends, a husband who is truly awesome to me, and Buster the Boston Terrier...enough said.

Life is full of blessings. You just have to know where to find them. :)

"What seems to us bitter trials are often blessings in disguise."
-Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment