Friday, August 5, 2011

I can, so I will!

I like to think of myself as a positive, happy person, so I try to surround myself with positive people as often as I can. Positivity is infectious, and you'd be surprised how quickly your day can turn around when you put a smile on your face. As one of my favorite sayings goes, "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude."

With that said, instead of focusing on the negatives, something I'm tired of, or isn't happening because of health reasons, I want to take a moment to express how thankful I am for all the things I CAN do right now. :)

I CAN travel when I want to (provided my boss approves my time off). We don't have children yet, and there's still so much we want to do. In just three weeks, I'll be in NOLA for one of my best friend's bachelorette party. After that, we'll head to Seaside, FL for a wedding, NOLA again the next weekend for another wedding, Vegas the next week for a conference/our 4th wedding anniversary, and then I go to Colorado the following weekend to visit with my mom's side of the family.

Next year, Brent and I will have been together for 10 years; not to mention we're both turning 30. We've always talked about going to Italy, and I think 2012 is the perfect time! Oh yeah, there's also a half marathon at Disney World, I'm speaking at a conference in Vegas, possible races in NYC and Boston, and a wedding in Tampa...we have to fit in all those trips as well.

I LOVE Vegas!

Can't wait for her wedding next month!!

I CAN
treat Buster the Boston Terrier like my child and spoil him as often as I want. :)

LOVE him!

I CAN go for a 10+ mile run (or sign up for another race) anytime I feel like it!


I CAN sleep in on a Saturday...and go for a run after that.

I CAN stop being friends with people who only breed negativity or don't reciprocate that friendship. I'm nice to a fault sometimes...and keep people in my life who should no longer have a place.

I CAN continue focusing on my career. I love what I do, and I'm having a blast traveling, learning more about this industry, and building my resume. As a marketing professional, I get to express myself creatively every day, whether by writing, designing a website, or being asked to speak at a conference, and I am BEYOND thankful for that!

I CAN have fun with my hubby...and we sure do!


I can do all these things...so I will. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment