Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

Oh how I love weekends like this! Friday was my sweet sis-in-law's birthday, so of course we had to decorate her cubicle at work:


It makes me so happy to know that there are other people who enjoy making as big of a deal about birthdays as I do. :) That night, my friend Kelly and I went to Painting with a Twist in Germantown. It was a BLAST! They have a theme picked for each night, and you pay $35 or $45 (depending on how long the class is). You can bring in your own wine, and they have an instructor there guiding you throughout the session. Friday's theme was "Wine Lovers," which was perfect for us. I can't wait to go back!


Saturday, I ran four miles, then got ready to meet Kelly for her very last wedding dress fitting. It's been so much fun going with her to all these fittings...her dress is STUNNING, and Will is going to die when he sees her in it. That's my favorite part of a wedding, when the bride starts walking down the aisle and the groom sees her for the first time. Such a sweet moment! After that, we went to ol' faithful Las Delicias for lunch. My tab was $4.37, and the food was quite delicious. No joke. This place rules.

That night, it was my company's annual Redbirds outing, so Brent and I rushed to get ready and headed downtown. It was a nice, laid back evening with co-workers.


After that, we walked over to Local Gastropub, of course. As always, it did not disappoint.

Sunday started with a super early morning wake up call at 5:45. Autumn, Erin, and I met at 6:15 and headed to the third RRS race: 5-miler #1. It was the PERFECT morning for a race. Cool, breezy, and overcast. We ran into some other friends while there and finished with a decent time of 40 minutes.

Brent and I made it to the 11:15 service at Hope, then went to Half Shell for an incredible brunch. After that, I went to the mall to finish shopping for Kelly's bachelorette weekend (got a few things for myself, too :), then met my sister at her house to watch her and Cary's wedding videos. They were SO great! The dancing parts were the best. :) Such wonderful memories of a beautiful wedding! That night, Brent made my favorite grilled salmon, asparagus, and bread for dinner, and I got to relax and watch my favorite night of television.

Such a wonderful few days!! I also got in just over 25 miles for the week, which I'm happy with. This week, I get to run three times with my awesome running buddy, so I'm pretty pumped about that!

Happy Monday!

1 comment: