Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm Back!

I'm so excited to report that I got in 31 miles last week!! After months of feeling sluggish and getting in maybe 18-20 miles (if I'm lucky) per week, I finally feel back to my old self..."old" is not a term I like using as I inch closer to the big 3-0, but I guess I just feel like myself again.

I have a few short-distance races to get through, plus two 10-milers and two half marathons left in the RRS, and the St. Jude half marathon before the end of 2011. Really looking forward to setting a new PR!

On a side note, I just have to say what an AMAZING weekend it was! It was a long work week, but with the hubby out of town, I didn't really feel like sitting at home all weekend. Friday night consisted of a fun dinner date with my beautiful momma. I woke up early on Saturday to run 6.5 miles with Autumn. After a good breakfast and a little rest, my bestie and her sweet boys came over to play with Buster the Boston Terrier for a bit. Then we all went to lunch and did a little shopping. It was tax-free weekend, so of course I had to take advantage! That night, I did one of my favorite things...ordered hibachi take-out, had a couple glasses of wine, rented a movie, and just chilled at home. Ahh, heaven!

Sunday morning, I went out for a quick run and then "ran" into my dad at almost 2 miles. I ended up running over five miles, three of which with him. Such a cool thing! I went to the late morning service at Hope Church and heard such a wonderful message, and then ran a couple errands. I picked up my precious niece after that, took her to the grocery store, and then we played in the sprinkler for a bit.

She's the best shopping partner!

And she loves the sprinkler!

Sunday nights in the summer are the BEST for TV (True Blood, Entourage, Kardashians, and really anything on E!), so of course I indulged in that guilty pleasure. The hubby got home last night, and I was SO happy to have him back!

So very thankful for my amazing family, true friends, and days without drama. :) Here's to a fabulous week...almost 10 miles logged so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment