Saturday, March 17, 2012

Off to NYC!



Happy St. Patrick's Day, and greetings from a very bumpy 35,000 feet!

Although I had a bit of bad news yesterday, with my dermatologist letting me know my biopsy came back as skin cancer, I'm in a super fab mood today. At least the spot is not melanoma and is 100% treatable. They scheduled Moh's surgery, which is very common and the most effective treatment, for April 3...which just so happens to be my sister's due date!! Ugh. But we're all I'm secretly hoping Ava Jane is an April Fool's baby. Fingers crossed!

Today I'm heading to New York for the NYC Half Marathon and a search engine marketing conference. I couldn't be more excited about this trip!

First, I get to spend the weekend AND run tomorrow's race with my awesome cousin, Missy. We were both selected for the lottery entry 2 years in a row, whoop. Not only are we close because we're family, but she is honestly one of the most amazing women I've ever met. Family is of the utmost importance to her, she is one of the most hardworking people I know, she loves to run and travel, so obviously we have a ton in common. And she's getting married to a wonderful man this summer (who was supposed to join us this weekend, but sadly injured his knee). So excited to see you, Miss!

The marketing conference I'm attending this week is hands-down my favorite. It was the most educational of all the conferences I attended last year, and just about every seminar on the agenda relates to what I do on a daily basis. SO thankful for the opportunity to continue growing professionally!

And finally, I get to spend time with my fabulous friend, Anna! We met back in 2004 when Brent and I were participating in the Disney College Program, and we've kept in touch ever since. I was fortunate to be able to visit her twice while she lived in Arizona, and this will be my third time seeing her since she and her husband moved to NYC...thank you, business trips! Oh yeah, and we're going to Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on Tuesday night!! Soooo pumped to see him live! Set your DVRs to record NBC on Tuesday. If you know me, you know I'll be doing everything possible to be seen in the audience. :)

Don't forget to wear your green! Here's a St. Patty's Day toast for you:

Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A handsome man and an honest one.
A cold beer – and another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment