Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday: 10 years with Brent!

10 years ago, had I asked myself where I would be a decade later, I never could have imagined the way my life has played out. And thankfully so!

When you're in your teens and 20s and living the life (or so you think) in college, the world seems so simple. You think everything is just going to work out according to plan. I quickly learned that life does not work that way, and God most certainly has His own plan.

When Brent and I started dating back in 2002, I wouldn't say I knew he was "the one" right away (mind you, we were heavily intoxicated), but it was definitely something along those lines. :) However, I quickly realized I loved and wanted to experience life with him. And experience life we did!

From packing up and moving to Orlando for a semester to intern with the Walt Disney World College Program...to buying our first home together...to traveling all over the Caribbean...to getting scuba certified...to going skydiving...to losing loved ones...to growing into the people we've always wanted each other to be, and SO much more, I wouldn't change a single moment of it!

As my favorite quote goes, "Some days we love each other; other days we have to work at it. You never see the hard days in a photo album. But those are the ones that get you from one happy snapshot to the next."

Those words could not be truer. I LOVE YOU, Brent!! And I can't wait to see what the next 10 years holds for us!

Brent and me from the beginning:

This pic pretty much sums up our first month or so of dating ;)

2002 >> cheering for Memphis
 2003 >> cheering on Memphis at the New Orleans Bowl
2004 >> Brent's 22nd birthday in Orlando

"Wishes" at Magic Kingdom...one of our favorite things to see down there!
 
2005 >> more Memphis fun!
 2006 >> the start of a 5+ year wedding "season"
 Halloween fun!

2007 >> the proposal!! Thanks, Kelly Rhodes Stoffel! :)
 September 29, 2007 >> Mr. & Mrs. Brent Wilson!
 2008 >> Baby Buster the Boston Terrier arrives!
Some of my Buster faves!
 
 2009 fun!


 2010 >> 3rd anniversary in the Bahamas!

At our great friends, Patrick and Marcie's wedding!

 2011 >> 4th anniversary in Vegas! 

At one of my best friends, Kelly's wedding in NOLA!
 2012 >> Brent and me with our nephew, Cash. LOVE!!
It's so fun to go through all these pictures and see how much we've changed. Here's to the next 10+ years! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment